I have new born baby with German girlfriend and I am student so baby is here but on the birth time I couldn’t go inside with her and afterwards she gave to our daughter her family name and she didn’t ask me and I have paternity certificate and Sorgerechte so it’s really important to have my name on my baby birth certificate or it’s make no problem please advice because I want to change my student status
asked Jun 6, 2020 in Legal advice by Eriks81 | 382 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Best answer

Dear Eriks,

Thank you for reaching out to the wefugees community.

It's not necessary, that your child has your family name

Since you have the acknowledgment of paternity and joint custody, you are recognized as a father, even with another family name.

I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again with further questions. I'm a consultant with mbeon and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. You can find me in the mbeon app and get confidential individual advice in a secure virtual space without other people reading our conversation. Further information: ***.mbeon.de.
Best regards,
your mbeon advisor 


answered Jun 8, 2020 by manrhei-mbeon
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,998 questions
5,963 answers
138,956 users