thank you for sharing your question wth the Wefugees community!
After marrying a German and living together with her/him for at least two years, you can apply for a German citizenship, if you legally stayed here for three years.
Thre are some conditions you have to comply with:
- Permanent right of residence or specific residence permits at the time of naturalisation
- Habitual and legal residence in Germany for three years
- Subsistence security (including for family members entitled to maintenance) without social welfare and unemployment benefit II (“Hartz IV”)
- Adequate command of German (level B1)
- Knowledge of the legal and social order and of living conditions in Germany (“citizenship test”)
- No criminal convictions
- Declaration of commitment to the free democratic basic law of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Loss or relinquishment of former citizenship.
I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time.
mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit www.mbeon.de.
Download for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.zone35.mbeon
Download for iOS: https://apps.apple.com/de/app/mbeon-messengerberatung/id1408795643