Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hey guys ,i have a question to ask for , if someone have a residence permit true Germany child and 3 months later marry a he or she eligible for citizenship after 3 year when he didn't change it resident permit to marriage one
asked Apr 7, 2020 in Information & Offers by Alas

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Alas,

thank you for sharing your question wth the Wefugees community!

After marrying a German and living together with her/him for at least two years, you can apply for a German citizenship, if you legally stayed here for three years.

Thre are some conditions you have to comply with:

  1. Permanent right of residence or specific residence permits at the time of naturalisation
  2. Habitual and legal residence in Germany for three years
  3. Subsistence security (including for family members entitled to maintenance) without social welfare and unemployment benefit II (“Hartz IV”)
  4. Adequate command of German (level B1)
  5. Knowledge of the legal and social order and of living conditions in Germany (“citizenship test”)
  6. No criminal convictions
  7. Declaration of commitment to the free democratic basic law of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Germany
  8. Loss or relinquishment of former citizenship.
I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. 
mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit

Download for Android:

Download for iOS:

Best regards



answered Apr 7, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
3,621 questions
4,347 answers
135,532 users