Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

My son got this email today , could you please help me explain the meaning in english

Sehr geehrter Herr .....
gem. §16a Abs.1 Satz 2 AufenthG darf eine Aufenthaltserlaubnis zu einem anderen Aufenthaltszweck nur zum Zweck einer qualifizierten Berufsausbildung, der Ausübung einer Beschäftigung als Fachkraft, der Ausübung einer Beschäftigung mit ausgeprägten berufspraktischen Kenntnissen nach § 19c Absatz 2 oder in Fällen eines gesetzlichen Anspruchs erteilt werden. Sofern Sie einer anderen/sonstigen Beschäftigung nach gehen wollen, benötigen Sie hierzu ein entsprechendes nationales Visum, welches Sie im Heimatland beantragen können. Die Beantragung ist aus dem Bundesgebiet ist ausgeschlossen.
Sie erfüllen auch nicht die Voraussetzungen nach § 16a Abs.4 AufenhG wonach Ihnen eine Aufenthaltserlaubnis zur Ausbildungsplatzsuche erteilt werden könnte.

Thank you

asked Apr 7 in Legal advice by Bona

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Hello @Bona,

thank you for sharing your question with the Wefugees community. I am Christine Müller, and I'm a member of the mbeon-staff. 

The application for a residence permit has been dismissed. According to §16a Abs.1 Satz 2 AufenthG (Residence act) our son could have applied for a residence permit in order to do an apprenticeship, to work as a specialist in his field of profession or as a qualified worker in a profession which requires practical knowledge (like programming e.g.).

If he wants to work something else, he has to apply for a national visa via the German embassy or consulate in his homecountry.

If applicable, I strongly recommend him to find an apprenticeship and apply once again for a visa acc. to the above mentioned § 16a. He should submit a training contract or pre-contract in order to obtain an approval of his application. If he wants to do something else, please write again in order to find a viable solution.

I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit

Download for Android:

Download for iOS:

Best regards,


answered Apr 7 by mbeon-Christine
0 votes

Good morning dear Bona,

thank you for sharing of your question in the community. First of all I would like you share the translation of the Text in English (maybe you have already translated):

In accordance with Section 16a (1) sentence 2 of the Residence Act, a residence permit for another purpose of residence may only be issued for the purpose of qualified vocational training, the exercise of employment as a specialist, the exercise of employment with pronounced practical knowledge in accordance with Section 19c (2) or in cases of a legal claim will. If you want to pursue other / other employment, you need a corresponding national visa, which you can apply for in your home country. The application is excluded from the federal territory.
You also do not meet the requirements of section 16a (4) AufenhG, according to which you could be granted a residence permit to search for a training place.

If I understood, you have applied for residence permit after paragraph 16a (1). But this residence permit can be issued, if your son would start a vocational training, to job as a specialist or to work if he has a diplom about a completed vocational training. But if he would like to get another employment, he need a Visa, which were applied in the home country.

He also does not fulfill the requirements of the paragraph 16a (4). According to this law he could get 6 month in order to give the foreigner the opportunity to look for another training place (Ausbildungsplatz.)

I hope that this answer can help you. If you need more advice, you can contact me through the mbeon application. You can download it free charge. You can do this using one of the following links:



The app and the messaging are confidential.

You can find me in the app under the name: Alzey, Herr Zsigó.

Thank you for your trust.

Yours sincerelly


answered Apr 7 by mbe-on_Zsigó
I understand  now and THANK YOU so much for helping with these issues ..god bless you all
Your welcome! God bless you, too.
3,053 questions
3,814 answers
134,293 users