Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I hold EU long stay permit from Italy and I work here in Germany since 2019. My wife holds normal Italian resident permit (family purpose) can visit me for not more than 90 days. She has visited me and is pregnant. What are our options to get her medical attention? How can we she also get resident permit?

The german embassy in Rome has overly delayed(6 months)  her visa without reason. I contacted the my ausländerbehörde and all they say that they will contact me when they are processing her visa
asked Mar 11 in Legal advice by deximis7
Can the moderators on this page answer my question please. I want advice

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello @deiximis7,

thank you for reaching out to the Wefugees community and sorry for the delayed answer. Due to the incommodities caused by the Corona pandemia we didn't find time to check all the open questions.

To start with that issue, as you know, currently no travels from and to Italy are possible. Without knowing the detais of your case, i can give you only general advice. As far as we know, all embassies which have the duty to deal with so called §26 BeschV cases (what probably doesn't apply to you, but is nevertheless mentioned here to give you some insight into the process), and Rome is one of them, have waiting and processing times up to 11,12 months. So you can be fairly sure that the embassy did not delay your wife's visa application intentionally, but owing to their workload.

So, the quesrion is: What options do you have in the meantime? You could ask your immigration office for a pre-consent (the magic word is "Vorab-Zustimmung"), which will be sent to the embassy in advance. Most, if not all,  immigration offices are currently closed down until at least 19th of april, so please check if your local office provides any opportunitiies to submit applications online or in any other, non-personal way.. Several issues will be checked before you will be granted a pre-consent, f.e. whether you have an open-ended employment contract, whether you are still in the trial period (please don't expect any positive reaction until this period ends) and whether you have enough living space (as a rule, 12 square meters per person are calculated).

I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the MBEON-staff  and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online consultancy for migrants via  the mbeon-app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it via App Store or Google Play Store. You'll find me In the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can wiretap messages. Further information:
Best regards
answered Mar 17 by mbeon-Christine
2,938 questions
3,682 answers
134,038 users