Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I have German passport for 3 years now. I am a dialysis patient. So I am not able to work. But my wife is in Pakistan and I want to bring her here. Without job, and with my illness of dialysis, what do you recommend me how to achieve my goal.
asked Feb 27, 2020 in Legal advice by Shazim

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Shazim,

Thank you for reaching out to the Wefugees community.

If you have German citizenship, you do not need maintenance support (Unterhaltssicherung). 
So, it will not be a problem, when you receive any social benefits like Arbeitslosengeld 2.
But you write, that you have the German passport for 3 years. Do you mean "Aufenthaltserlaubnis"? Then you need your own income. 
Your wife needs the German language certicate Level A 1. 

I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again with further questions. I'm a consultant with mbeon and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. You can find me in the mbeon app and get confidential individual advice in a secure virtual space without other people reading our conversation. Further information:
Best regards,
your mbeon advisor 


answered Feb 28, 2020 by manrhei-mbeon
3,623 questions
4,357 answers
135,541 users