Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I am Italian refugee and my girlfriend is a German,We want to marriage if I am to present my birth certificate and I  not allowed to travel to my country how can I get my birth certificate to marry if I need to provide it?
asked Jan 16, 2020 in Legal advice by Rahman

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Rahman

Thank you for sharing your situation with the Wefugees Community and sorry for the wait! 

Indeed, providing a birth certificate is essential in most of the countries for a marriage and not easy to get, if you are not able to travel yourself to your place of birth. 

Do you maybe have some relatives or trustworthy friends in your country of origin, who could get a birth certificate for you with a mandate/power of attorney document? 

If not, a lawyer in that place might be another possibility. 

Can you provide the other required documents as passport, certificate of no-impediment etc.? 

Looking forward to hear from you again. 

All the best, 


answered Jan 31, 2020 by Meike
3,479 questions
4,229 answers
135,181 users