Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I would like to know if i can include in the steuererklärung expenses, the bills that I paid for my partner's pregnancy (my child, we were living together but we weren't married at the time and she had no health insurance)
asked Aug 14, 2019 in Legal advice by Ant

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Ant,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Wefugee Community!

Unfortunately, I am not an expert on tax law/regulations. However, I found a thread on this platform, which might be useful to get some general information about tax return etc.

I can also recommend to seek advice in a so-called "Lohnsteuerhilfeverein", which is basically an association, which is specialized in supporting people with their tax claims. There are thousands of branches and offices in Germany and I am sure there will be one  close to your address also (you may want to search on this website). 

Otherwise I hope that somebody else in the community can give further information or share experiences.

All the best,


answered Aug 16, 2019 by Meike
Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
3,186 questions
3,956 answers
134,612 users