Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hi, I came to Germany last month without visa, I have a British wife and we intend to live and work in Germany,

Please How do I get a resident permit if I’m eligible ? Or do I have to go apply for asylum and then tell them I have a EU wife? I’ll appreciate any advice. Thanks
asked Jul 14, 2019 in Legal advice by @markNiv

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @markNiv,

Thank you for reaching out to the Wefugee Community!

Please check out the following websites, they might provide the information you are looking for: and

There are scenarios mentioned, in which a prior visa issuing might not be required.

I hope this will be useful for you. However, do not hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jul 19, 2019 by Meike
0 votes
firstly are both officially married ? my partner was from UK and we had kids together,  she lives in Germany
answered Jul 23, 2019 by Yaba
3,353 questions
4,124 answers
134,940 users