hello I have a question.. I’m a refugee live in Malta I got highst level protection ..and my question is my fiancé now he is in Sweden . I wanna merry with him .. but almost one year now he is still waiting interview .. still not granted refugee status... can I apply him to Malta live with me? It’s same sex marriage... plz give me some advice... regards 

asked Jul 11, 2019 in Legal advice by Rayriya212

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Rayriya212

Thank you for sharing your situation with the Wefugee Community! 

Without knowing many details of your case (also I am not a lawyer), I was wondering if, according to the Dublin regulation (family reunification), your partner might be able to apply for a asylum process in Malta instead of Sweden. I tried to make some research and I read, that under certain conditions and depending on the individual law of a country, a same sex relationship (not married) might be recognized as a marriage. In any case, your partner should always talk to the authorities and let them know, that he has family/ a partner in an other Dublin-country. It is the discretion of the authorities (even if criteria are not met) to take over an asylum application. However, I would also highly recommend you, especially your partner, to get some legal advice in a counselling centre. Let us know if you need support on finding one in Sweden or Malta. 

All the best, 


answered Jul 19, 2019 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,542 questions
5,443 answers
137,911 users