Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

ello everyone on team wefuges I need little help regarding my problems I m married with a polish women September 2018 and I have 5abs freizug/eu resident card in Germany Lübeck my wife and I had some fights which mean nothing but just that we don’t like living with each other and this give both of us problems in life I have very much stress and I can’t take it now my problem is I have resident permit which I mention above and now last month May My son born here and as my wife is long in Germany my son got German citizen ship by birth my son my son is German by birth now all I want that how to process divorce I have two works one full time and another mini job and I work regular I need to know how I can start my divorce process and when I start process what I must do the auslander behorde will want to take from me my resident and permission to work and stay in German or I can just go and make meldung somewhere else and keep working or what and I have now son here and my son is registered as my son and I’m father on his birth certificate and plus he is German so can I stay here and work here because of my son or no if yes then what I must do where I must go in this city Lübeck I don’t know anything about this city lawyers and all so I want to know this I try my best to survive with my wife but she is agressive and we always have bad fight where we get aggressive and I don’t want something go very bad so to avoid anything bad it’s better to be separated good for both of us. Now please I want a guide step by step I have son German by birth and I’m married since last September and what are my chances here to be near my son 

Many thanks answer will be appreciated

asked Jul 1, 2019 in Legal advice by Musawvir

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Caritas Lübeck – Migrationsberatung Astrid Eissing
+49 451 79946 22
here you will find help make a termin and everything will be easier to understand.  You will see the path.
answered Jul 1, 2019 by TRYSZKA
Dear @TRYSZKA, Thank you for the contact. Very good idea and I think they can be very helpful! All the best, Meike
0 votes

Dear @Musawvir

Thank you for sharing your situation with the Wefugee Community! If I understood your case correctly, you should be able to apply for a residence permit according to §28 AufenthG, as you are the father of a German child. In order to apply for the residence permit, you do not need to be married to the child's mother. Instead, living in a "familäre Lebensgemeinschaft" (§28 Abs. 1 Satz 4) with your child will be the foundation of the application (i.e. seeing your child regularly, paying aliment etc.). However, and as @TRYSZKA mentioned, I can recommend you to talk to a counsellor or a lawyer about your case. If there are any further questions, you are also always welcome to get back to us. I hope this helps. 

All the best, 


answered Jul 3, 2019 by Meike
3,052 questions
3,814 answers
134,284 users