Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello. I need a help please .it is urgent help. I will appreciate someone to answer my question. I have 3 years German residence . I want to change city. But the landratsamt do not agree or else when I have 1 year working contract but I'm sick. I deserve medical attention.  I want to rent my own house to stay away from refugee house .because I'm passing through depression.   What if I get doctor report.   Can doctor report help me to change my adresse to another city?
asked Jun 8 in Asylum proceedings by Ok

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Dear Ok,

Thank you for raising your question to the Wefugee community!

Unfortunately, it is not easy to get exempted from the "Wohnsitzauflage". The best way is to find a job in the city you want to live in. Requirements for that job would be that you need to work at least 15 hours a week and earn 710 Euros after tax per month.

In my experience, the Ausländerbehörde would only agree to change the city concerning your health issues if you could prove, that a treatment is not possible at the place you are residing right now.

As far as I understood, you received the refugee recognition and a residence permit for three years accordingly (§25 Abs.2 AufenthG)? I assume that you receive money from the jobcenter, which would mean, that you can search for a flat yourself. If the rent and the heating costs are appropriate, the jobcenter would also pay your private flat. You would not need to stay in the community accommodation.

I hope this information are useful for you.

Get better soon and all the best,

answered Jun 21 by Meike
2,545 questions
3,145 answers
132,012 users