Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello I'm Tunisian and im here since mai 2016 im married with German woman but sadly now we are not together and my residence will be end in July what I should do to have residence and im married since 2015 can anyone helping me thenx
asked Mar 8, 2019 in Legal advice by Bilel
edited May 6, 2019 by Safia Advocate

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Bilel,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Wefugees Community!

Your chances of getting a new residence permit depend on how long you lived together with your wife after you receive your residence permit. In principle, you can only qualify for a residence permit despite a separation or divorce after you lived at least 3 years with your wife in Germany.

If you lived less than 3 years together, there are not many chances for you to receive a residence permit - except if you will be in danger in your country, are a so called "skilled worker" or if you are currently enrolled in a vocational training program (Ausbildung).

You can read more about this here

In any case, I recommend you to contact a lawyer or a "Beratungsstelle". You can find of organizations offering free legal advice here or here.

I hope this helps, don't hesitate to add a comment if you need additional information!

All the best,


answered May 6, 2019 by Safia Advocate
3,052 questions
3,814 answers
134,284 users