Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
hello ...i am from Macedonia and my girlfriend have a resident permit in germany !
she have AUFENTHALTSKARTE (familienanehoriger EU) for 5 years.!
We are planning to marry and i want to know if i will have also a residents permit  to stay in germany after we get married !
thank you
asked Jan 7 in Legal advice by beti

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @beti

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for reaching out to the community! 

Generally, if you get married with a German citizen or with someone holding a residence title in Germany, you can apply for family union in order to live with your spouse. You would then also be granted a residence permit. I'm unsure if there are any exceptions for people holding said "Aufenthaltskarte" (as it's already granted to her because of a family member), but technically, she has a residence title. 

Here is some more information on that matter: 

You can also have a look at our platform and search for "residence permit Germany" to have a look at similar cases. 

I hope this helps for now. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any further assistance! 

All the best, 


answered Jan 14 by Isa
2,469 questions
3,042 answers
131,815 users