Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
My fiance' is a Gambian refugee living for the last few years in Greece. His application for Asylum was recently denied. I am a citizen of the USA. We wish to have me travel to Greece so we can get married and then apply for him to come live with me in the USA. Since his application for Asylum was denied, what can we do?
What kind of legal paperwork will he need to obtain and how?
 Time is of the essence since we now worry that he will be deported. Please help!
Thank you,
asked Nov 14, 2018 in Legal advice by SusieandBanno
edited Nov 14, 2018 by SusieandBanno

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Dear @SusieandBano,

congrats on the wedding plans and thank you for sharing your situation with us in the community.

As for your question, this question was asked in a similar way already, please follow the link:

Once you got married, you will have to apply for spuse visa in America and at the embassy in Greece.

I hope this could give you a first guidance.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to address them here.

Best regards,

answered Nov 14, 2018 by Nilab
Thank you for your answer Nilab.
But since his asylum was denied, what do we need to get married?
3,705 questions
4,452 answers
135,797 users