Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hello all, I wanna know if I have a temporary visa of one EU country, i.e Estonia, can I go and seek asylum in another country like Sweden, Finland or Germany? I haven't applied for asylum in any country yet.

asked Nov 12, 2018 in Asylum proceedings by hinabutt

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Dear @hinabutt, thank you for joining our community and sharing with us your question. If you apply asylum in another country than the EU country that issued you the visa, your claim will be rejected nad the Dublin Regulation will be applied- that means that you will send back to that country that issued you the visa and there you can process your claim. I hope this helps you, if you need further guidance please feel free to address our community. Best regards, Nilab
answered Nov 12, 2018 by Nilab
Thank you for responding, mate. Is there any way I could seek asylum in another EU country instead of the one that issued me the visa?
4,045 questions
4,816 answers
136,527 users