Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
If I have a full time work in another region will the Ausländerbehörde accpet it? Thanks for answer!
asked Oct 28, 2018 in Work by Lothbrok

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Lothbrok

thank you for your question. 

Asylum applicants and tolerated persons generally need a work permit, which is issued by the local Ausländerbehörde. During the first 4 years of stay, consent is also required from the Arbeitsagentur for a specific job. It gives permission on the one hand after a review of equivalent conditions of employment (on equal footing with national employees) and on the other based on whether a German or other worker with the right to freedom of movement under EU law is available for the specific employment (so-called priority review).

There are exceptions to the priority review. Asylum applicants or tolerated persons can work without the need for a priority review if they:

  • meet the requirements for granting a EU Blue Card for shortage occupations (university degree and activity in shortage occupations, such as IT, engineers, physicians, etc., salary threshold below EUR 37,752) or
  • are skilled personnel with recognised qualified vocational training in shortage occupations or
  • perform a practical activity for the recognition of their occupational qualification or
  • have already been in Germany for 15 months.

I hope this helps, if you need further clearification please do not hesitate to reach out to the community. 

Best regards, 


answered Oct 29, 2018 by Nilab
2,954 questions
3,698 answers
134,063 users