Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I am a US citizen. My fiancée is an Indian passport holder and has a temporary residence visa in Poland. We would like to get married this Christmas. Could ANYONE advise us in this complicated but important process? AishaM
asked Oct 22, 2018 in Other Questions by AishaM

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Dear @AishaM, thank you for sharing your situation with us in the community. As for your question: Your fiance in Poland has to get in touch with the Civil Registry Office. You have to submit a number of documents: a proof of identity (e.g. a valid passport), a certificate of birth (translated into Polish), a certificate of no impediment and (if necessary) certificates that prove that previous marriages have been divorced etc. The Registry Office will guide you through the procedure from there on. For extensive information about marriage in Poland please check out this website: I hope I could help you both, if you need further guidance please do not hesitate to use our community. Best regards, Nilab
answered Oct 23, 2018 by Nilab
3,053 questions
3,815 answers
134,294 users