Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
0 votes
I am sorry I have to delete this question
asked Aug 28, 2017 in Legal advice by Missy (130 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello @Missy

Welcome to our community!

"I read somewhere that if a child has relatives who are legal here, it can help grant a legal status."

Being born in Germany does not lead to a German citizenship for the child. Only if the parents stayed here for at least 8 years and hold an unlimited residence permit.

Nevertheless, a child that is born in Germany runs through its own asylum procedure. And there is special protection for newborn children: If BAMF sends a negative reply it's not going to be deported separated from its parents.

Sources (German language):

But I don’t know if there is special rules or options that I don’t know about that could be of importance in your case. Unfortunately this is a complex matter that I am not an expert of. May I ask where you live right now? Maybe we can do some research about organisations that might help you out in your situation.

Or maybe @Marcel or @Steven have an idea.

Best regards,
answered Aug 30, 2017 by Thor (43,890 points)
Thank you for your response.
I am most grateful.
1,277 questions
1,806 answers
2,919 users