HI, i´m currently studying a masters degree in Germany in psychology. However i´m not catching up with studies. I´d like to change my visa to job search visa or job visa, is that possible? Do I need to travel to my country? If I drop my studies would be that a problem in the future If I want to apply to another visa from my country? Thank you in advanced.
asked Jun 19 in Education by Kataoror | 383 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Kataoror,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

My colleague Éanna answered a very similar question here before and explained:

"It is possible to change from a student visa to a work visa, even if you drop out of university. The German government changed the regulations on such cases as part of a law it passed called the Fachkräfteeinwanderungsgesetz in 2020.

Please bear in mind that a work visa can only be issued for job that require a qualification, generally a university degree or formal vocational training (Ausbildung). If you have a foreign qualification, it may need to be recognised. For some nationalities there are exceptions to this rule."

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jun 30 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,329 questions
6,333 answers
139,342 users