Hello everyone..

Im from india, i live here in portugal. My girlfriend is from germany and she is a German citizen.in few days we are going to get marry in portugal.After married can i apply my residence permit in germany, because i already have 2 year residence permit in portugal,which allows me to stay 90 days in another schenegene country.so our plan is apply my residence permit in germany not from portugal.She already have apartment, she has good job.i also have Deutsch A1 certificate. Please reply me i will be thankful..
asked Feb 8 in Legal advice by Manjinder | 260 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Manjinder,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

I am afraid you have to apply for a respective family reunification visa at the German embassy in Lisbon. You can find all relevant information on the procedure here.

Congratulations to your wedding and I wish you all the best!

In any case, please also don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.



answered Feb 11 by Meike
Thank you for your reply.

Marriage process in portugal is taking long,They are asking for few papers, which will take while to get.I have another question. Can we get marry in Denmark?? Because the Marriage process in Denmark is very fast. Danish Marriage certificate is accepted in germany or not??
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,131 questions
6,094 answers
139,112 users