Hallo, l don’t share custody of the child with my child’s father. Do l need Negativbescheinigung to get Kinderreisepass? Or the Negativbescheinigung is only for parents who share custody?
asked Sep 7, 2023 in Legal advice by Simi | 472 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Simi

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again. 

I can not share much of experience on that topic but I tried to make some research. As far as I understand, the "Negativbescheinigung" in that context is needed to prove that you have the sole custody (so it is not needed for parents with shared custody as they most probably would have to sign an application for a passport together/both of them). I read that you can apply for it at the respective "Jugendamt". 

Do you agree with my explanation dear @mbeon-fardeen or is there anything else you could add? 

In any case, please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Sep 10, 2023 by Meike
Hallo Meike, Thank you. lnitially a mother has full custody since birth but as l said l don’t share custody ( we didn’t make sorgerecht) so do l need to make Negativbescheinigung? Is the Negativbescheinigung needed irregardless of sharing custody or not?
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,332 questions
6,335 answers
139,347 users