I have recently obtained a residence permit under 25 abs. 1. and a Blue passport also issued at the same time. I’m a stateless person and there is no country mentioned inside my blue passport and residence permit card. There is no nationality mentioned. I would like to apply for an American visa with my current status. But when I opened and tried to fill up the DS160 visa application form, they ask me to complete nationality section and they is no option to select stateless. I have to mention a country to complete the visa application form. In this case, what should I do? And what will be the correct procedure? An expert opinion will be so nice and helpful for me. Thanks in advance. Regards

asked Aug 28, 2023 in Legal advice by Amayta | 243 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi @Amayta

I used this link to try out the application process myself:


On the second page of personal details at the top it requests the applicant's nationality. There is then a drop-down box with a list of nationalities. If you scroll down you will see that 'stateless' is one of the options given.



answered Sep 8, 2023 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,326 questions
6,321 answers
139,330 users