Hello Wefugees Team,

I would like to know if it's possible for me to use my Verpflichtungserklärung from Germany to apply for a short Stay visa at another Schengen country embassy ?
I learned that the Verpflichtungserklärung is valid for only six months but I am unable to get an appointment at the respective German embassies responsible for my country.

asked Jun 20, 2023 in Other Questions by Great Man | 302 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi @Great Man

A Verpflichtungserklärung is a document issued according to German immigration law. It does not have any legal weight in other countries. Each Schengen country wil have its own procedures and documents. I advise you to **** at the specific requirements for a Schengen visa at the embassy where you are able to get an appointment.



answered Jun 23, 2023 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,303 questions
6,294 answers
139,301 users