here are some important points, you can find more information on Handbook Germany: https://handbookgermany.de/en/university-application Here you can find the information also in other languages.
-->provide evidence of school and university degrees
--> take first language courses
--> Find a place at university
--> secure financing
1. you can check in advance whether your certificate is recognized for your desired course of study at: https://www.daad.de/en/study-and-research-in-germany/plan-your-studies/admission-database/
2. you get the recognition of your university entrance qualification from a state recognition agency, you can find an overview here: anabin.kmk.org Another requirement for admission is proof of German language skills, whereby there are different levels depending on the course of study. The university can provide information about the necessary language certificates. There are also courses of study in English.
3. you must be able to prove that you have health insurance. At the beginning of the asylum procedure, this benefit, in addition to housing and clothing and other benefits, is covered by the social welfare office. However, this benefit is not sufficient. You must have health insurance. It is best to find out more about this at the university to which you want to apply. Here more Information: https://handbookgermany.de/en/health-insurance
4. if you have a university entrance qualification, you can apply for a place at university either directly at the university or at Uni-Assist https://www.uni-assist.de. Uni Assist costs money, Some universities pay the processing costs for their applicants. If so, this application via uni-assist is free of charge for you. Here is an overview: https://www.uni-assist.de/en/how-to-apply/pay-all-fees/cost-transfer/
5. Here you can find another checklist: https://www.uni-assist.de/en/ and Information: https://www.germany-visa.org/immigration-residence-permit/residence-permit-international-students-germany/
A residence permit is issued after admission to studies. I will link our experts @meike and @mbeon-éanna here. Maybe they can help you with more information.
I would also like to point out to you that: "Every refugee who comes to Germany must register with the relevant German authorities - this is called an "asylum application". "The asylum application is a first - but necessary - registration to tell the German state that you want to apply for asylum in Germany. After that, you should go to the BAMF and officially file an asylum application. Only after submitting this application will your asylum procedure begin." Handbook Germany https://handbookgermany.de/en/registration-for-asylumseekers
If you need more help with your situation or have further questions, please feel free to contact us.
With kind regards Saskia