Am new asylum seekers  in germany less than 2months
I wanted to enroll in a university degree program am I allowed and how can enroll and apply
asked Jul 29, 2022 in Education by Abdikalik Abdi | 458 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear Abdikalik Abdi,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

We discussed a related question here before - you may want to check it out.

In general, it is not prohibited to enroll in a study program while your asylum case is still pending. However, especially when you are still obliged to stay in a reception center, you will most likely face some difficulties. Moreover, you need to meet the requirements of the respective university (including the “Abitur” and language skills). Usually, the process of getting your school certificates recognized takes some time as well.

Maybe you want to discuss your individual situation and potential first steps in a refugee counseling office. Let us know if you need support in finding one close to your current location.

In any case, please don’t hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best, 


answered Aug 1, 2022 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,303 questions
6,294 answers
139,301 users