I want ask what is process for child custody declaration...can I take before born child or after born child ?
asked Jan 15 in Legal advice by Singh

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
Best answer

Dear @Singh

Also from my side a very warm welcome to the Wefugees Community! 

I agree with @Albertz, you do not have to wait for the paternity acknowledgement (Vaterschaftsanerkennung) and the declaration of the custody until the baby is born. Just one detail I would like to correct: You do not book the appointment at the registry office (Standesamt), but at the local "Jugendamt". You may also need to bring a translator if your German skills are not too developed yet. I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Jan 16 by Meike
0 votes
Hello Singh we welcome you to the platform,

You can get the Custody before child is born , bit its always advisable to do it from 7 months to the childs delivery. If you are already legal then u hv to get appointment at the Standesamt , cox they would ask of your address , resident permit or Duldung, with Notar is much more safe if one is illegal. I hope this would help . Don’t hesitate to get back to us if you have more questions.
answered Jan 15 by Albertz
Again , they would need , both parent names (mother and father) , child's name and also Ausweis .
0 votes
my name is Singh i want to ask if I have.    Vaterschaftsanerkennung und Sorgerechtserklärung can I apply residence permit?
answered Jan 27 by Singh
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,263 questions
5,080 answers
136,928 users