Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Good Day everyone here.. My name is Kess and am from Ghana but, living here in Germany. Please i need a fast help. Am married to a german and we hVe a new born baby together. I applied for paragraph 28 ab 1. But, Auslanderbeholden refuse my application and ask me to go and come wth a family reunion visa. And i was given a pre-approval letter to submit in my embassy. My question is will i be granted the visa if my wife is not working? Because my appointment in africa is very near now so, i need to know about the condition of work.  Because my wife is not working. Or at the embassy for reunion visa i wont be ask for my wife lohnerbregnung?
asked Dec 30, 2021 in Legal advice by Kesskester28
Hallo Kess
This is only my opinions
1. After Authorities refused your §28 application you should take a matter to court.
2. I don't know what is your status in Germany right now. I mean are you in which Visa? Asyl process or refused Asyl seeker etc. I am asking this because later  in Embassy this might play a big role to grant a person Visa. Examples I will not want to go to Ghana to apply for a visa after my asylum application was rejected by high court and asylum case closed. I will stand my ground and fight for my family rights in Germany than in Ghana
3. Assuming your in Asylum process right now.
Then going to Ghana for a Visa and coming back to join your love one won't be difficult. Because maximum waiting time for such a Visa in most African countries is 90 days. Get prepared financially and mentally its hard.
4. Appointments in Germany Embassies abroad is normal procedures from landrasamt. Some people get a free return ticket. I mean you will go to airport and meet with officers who will give you directions with your passport. The Embassy will do the same process to inform you about a Visa and when is your flight back to Germany.
5. Personal problems
    If you have personal problems like criminal offences here in Germany being in prison,probation issues , your a witness in a case or waiting a trial in court it is better to contact a legal time for advice before you make a move.
6. If you have enough time why don't you write an email to Germany Embassy in Ghana. Ask them what will you need to prepare before your appointment.
I hope more people will come up here with different ideas to help you.
All the best
@Cockington, Thank u so much for ur response.. actually my Asyl is rejected and my lawyer close it after my marriage to apply 4 my permit. And am taking my Daughter (2yrs) along with me to ghana. Secondly, i dont want to waste my time and money with court. Auslanderbeholden agreed with me to make all preparation from here then, travel home few days to my appointment. I will be given a pre-approval letter too.. but, just want to knw from this group if my wife not working will delay my visa in Ghana?

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Kesskester28

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question. 

For a familiy reunification with a German citizen, it is not a requirement that the German person is working or having an income (even though it may simplify or speed up the whole procedure). Since you were giving a pre-approval letter (Vorabzustimmung) from the Ausländerbehörde already, I would not worry too much. Relevant are your German skills though, as you may prove skills on minimum level A1 - did you consider this? 

All the best and looking forward to your reply, 


answered Jan 9 by Meike
4,042 questions
4,804 answers
136,520 users