I have a child with a German woman since 3years now but we are no longer together and apply for my extension but is not forthcoming
asked Dec 28, 2021 in Work by Jim

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Jim,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

As father of a German child, you are probably holding the residence permit according to section 28 of the German Residence Act, right?

Whether the residence permit will get extended or not, is not necessarily dependent on the fact that you are (not) living together in one household. Please read my answer in this thread for more information. 

In any case, please also don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best for 2022,


answered Dec 30, 2021 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,306 questions
5,151 answers
137,012 users