Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

Hey guys,

Am a non EU language student in Germany (going to do my bachelor here). I have missed an appointment for my visa extending in the Auslaenderbehoerde. I sent instantly an E-Mail to them explaining my situation and everything but I had no answer. Then I called them three times and each time they are telling me to wait, now a month passed and I am without visa or Arbeiterlaubnis either. I should mention also that some people declared that the behoerde didn't answer them even in 4 months!

Am living in Essen, and it is known that the auslanderbehoerde in my city is very busy. Should I move to another city to resolve my situation in another Auslaenderbehoerde? Is it possible to make an ummeldung without having a visa?
I will be thankful for every proposition, I wish you all a good day and stay healthy.

asked Jan 8 in Legal advice by HamzaSghaier

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @HamzaSghaier,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

I don't know how the Ausländerbehörde in Essen actually deals with those kind of situations. But it is good for sure that you send them an email immiediately. Maybe you just send another one as well and reminding them. I think moving to another city only because of a busy immigration office can not be the solution. I would recommend to get in contact with local experts who are familiar with procedures at the Ausländerbehörde Essen - maybe advisers there even have a better connection to immigration office staff. I made some research and found, for instance, a MBE-counseling office. Please follow the link for the contact details. Even if they don't offer counselling sessions in person in these days, I am sure they can help you via email or phone. 

In any case, please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jan 9 by Meike
3,615 questions
4,343 answers
135,511 users