Hello @ Abdulwkl,
welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for sharing your question with us.
If you possess a residence permit according to § 25 subs. 1 AufenthG (recognition as person entitled to asylum), or § 25 subs. 2 s. 1, 1. Alt. AufenthG (recognition as refugee), or § 23 subs. 4 AufenthG (resettlement refugee) you must have been in possession of a residence permit for at least 3 years. If you have held one for 5 years, you will have less difficulties of meeting the requirements with regard to language skills and secured means of support. Here are the requirements in detail:
1. No revocation of your refugee status. BAMF automatically reviews if the conditions for recognition still apply or not. You may be granted a permanent settlement permit if the conditions for recognition are still met.
2. No endangerment of the Federal Republic of Germany, i.e. no support of terrorist activities, endangerment the free democratic basic order or the security of the Federal Republic of Germany, no politically motivated violence etc.
3. Language requirements: You must have level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages if you want to be granted a permanent settlement permit after having held a residence permit for 3 years. After having held a residence permit for 5 years, B2 is enough (even A2 would be).Moreover, basic knowledge of the legal and social system and living conditions in Germany (certificate of the naturalisation test or the test “Leben in Deutschland” (LiD), both available at your local adult education centre (Volkshochschule) at a very moderate cost.
4. Secured means of support from own income: You should not receive social assistance benefits including Bafög at the time you apply for a permanent settlement permit. ). If you do receive social assistance benefits, they must account for less than 25 % of your total income. After having held a residence permit for 5 years, such benefits must account for less than 50 % of your total income.
5. Sufficient health insurance
6. Sufficient living space, i.e. space of no less than 9 square metres (m²);
7. No criminal record. Even fines may prevent the granting of a permanent settlement permit, if they equate to more than 50/90 daily rates.
I hope my answers were helpful and I’ll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my location „München” and then my name “Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit www.mbeon.de.
Download for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.zone35.mbeon
Download for iOS: https://apps.apple.com/de/app/mbeon-messengerberatung/id1408795643