Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I Have read here

That is possible for someone to get a Duldung when S/he went in hidding from Dublin Transfer and subsequently considered as absconder.
What kind of Duldung can one get? How and Under which conditions? Is it possible to work if S/he has found a proposal?

asked Aug 16, 2020 in Asylum proceedings by Tommy%

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear Tommy%, 

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question. 

First of all, the "Duldung" is not a residence permit but a "temporary suspension of the deportation". People who are supposed to leave Germany, but some issues are currently preventing a return/deportation, are getting this kind of paper. If you are actually hiding from the authorities since a while, it will not be easy to get a work permit. I am not sure, how the authorities react if you register yourself now. I would highly recommend you to get some support in a migration counselling office. Those kind of services are free of charge and confidential. You don't need to worry that the social workers will report you. 

I will also link two of our experts here. Dear @MBEon-Sophie or @mbeon-Bernd, do you have any advice or can you add some information? 

All the best, 


answered Aug 21, 2020 by Meike
3,621 questions
4,347 answers
135,532 users