thank you for reaching out to the Wefugees community.
Here are the requirements for the naturalization:
Foreigners who have lived in Germany permanently and lawfully for eight years may be eligible for naturalization. The basic requirements for naturalization:
- right of permanent residence at time of naturalization
- renunciation of previous citizenship
- familiarity with the legal system, society and living conditions in the Federal Republic of Germany (naturalization test)
- ability to support oneself without recourse to social assistance
- oral and written German language skills equivalent to level B 1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- no criminal convictions
- commitment to the constitutional principles of freedom and democracy
The fee for naturalization is 255 euros per person; the fee for minor children naturalized with their parents is 51 euros per child.
(These informations are from ***.bmi.bund.de)
Normally you have to wait 8 years, when you have a legal resident permit. The times of the successful asylum procedure are counted.
With the German language level B 1 you have to wait 7 years, with B 2 or higher 6 years.
I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. You’ll find me in the mbeon-app under my location Mannheim and then my name Frau Schünemann and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For Further information please visit ***.mbeon.de.