Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
A friend of mine applied for parental leave because his german lady just put to birth but, the application was rejected reason because he has no residence permit yet. And he really want to stay at home to help his lady because the lady had 3 other little kids.. but, right now how or which office can he go for financial aid since he is no more working.
asked May 23, 2020 in Legal advice by Obumkelly79

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Obumkelly79

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us. 

If your friend does not have a residence permit yet, is he holding a "Duldung" (for instance after receiving a negative answer on his asylum request) or an "Aufenthaltsgestattung" (in a pending asylum procedure)? If one of those two alternatives is the case, he is entitled to receive "Asylbewerberleistungen" which he would need to apply for at the "Sozialamt" (how it is called in most of the cities). If you want to explain his location, we are happy to support in finding the right application form online and responsible office.

I hope this helps and please get back to us if there is any clarification needed. 

All the best, 


answered May 25, 2020 by Meike 1 flag
4,040 questions
4,805 answers
136,520 users