Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

I have a question about an expiring permit of stay

Is an Albanian citizen permited to stay in Germany for further 3 months (schengen free movement) after the permit of stay expired?

Thank you
asked May 19, 2020 in Legal advice by Bona

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello again @Bona,

you havre to submit an application for national regulaisation of your stay ("Antrag auf Legalisierung") to your local immigration office here in Germany. You stay woll then be permitted until borders reopen and you can travel back. It is important to do this before your three months of visa-free stay expire.

I hope my answers were helpful and I’ll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit

Download for Android:

Download for iOS:

Best regards


answered May 20, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
3,779 questions
4,513 answers
135,931 users