I would like to get my certificates recognised. How can I do this? How much do I need to pay? Do I need to go to Dusseldorf for an Appoitment? Or through post can I send? Please somebody answer.
asked Apr 16, 2020 in Education by Sidra | 837 views

Dear @Sidra

Thank you for your question and for reaching out to the Wefugees community! 

Could you please explain what kind of certificates you are referring to? I am sure that one of our experts is happy to get back to you soon! 

All the best, 


I would like to get my  secondary school that is class ten certificate recognised as well as my higher secondary school certificates (class 12)recognised.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hello again @Sidra,

welcome back. You're completely right, the district government in Düsseldorf is competent for the recognition of school leaving certificates for people who reside in North Rhine-Westphalia. Documents and the application form can be sent by mail. You'll find a list of required documents here, and also the application form: https://***.brd.nrw.de/schule/schulrecht_schulverwaltung/Zeugnisanerkennung.html#top.

The adress and the person responsible for you can be found here: https://***.brd.nrw.de/schule/schulrecht_schulverwaltung/Zeugnisanerkennung-M_Ansprechpersonen.html

I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. 
mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name München, Frau Müller and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit ***.mbeon.de.

Download for Android: https://play.google.***/store/apps/details?id=de.zone35.mbeon

Download for iOS: https://apps.apple.***/de/app/mbeon-messengerberatung/id1408795643

Best regards


answered Apr 16, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
Thank you so much! Your answers have been quite helpful to me . :)
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,131 questions
6,095 answers
139,112 users