Recently sold everything I had in my home country and moved to Germany to be with my wife, only to find out that our whole relationship was a lie and she has been and still is cheating on me. I want a divorce but I also want to stay in Germany. Any advice is helpful, thank you.
asked Mar 26, 2020 in Legal advice by Aneelian | 831 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

+1 vote

Hello dear Aneelian,

my name is Zsigo and I am a migration councelor of the mbeon group. I have read your question and want to thank you for sharing it in the community. But I have a few questions:

- Where do you come from?

- How long do you stay already in Germany?

- How did you arrive in Germany? Do you have a visa?

Please answer these questions. As for me, I wuold appreciate if you would contact me through the mbeon app. You can download it free charge. You can do this using one of the following links:

IOS: https://apps.apple.***/de/app/mbeon-messengerberatung/id1408795643

Android: https://play.google.***/store/apps/details?id=de.zone35.mbeon

The app and the messaging are confidential.

You can find me in the app under the name: Alzey, Herr Zsigó.

Thank you for your trust.

Yours sincerelly


answered Mar 27, 2020 by mbe-on_Zsigó
0 votes
My advice is to play a fool to your cheating wife and get the document first. Try to turn a blind eye to her nonsense way of life and when u have ur document u can now dump ur cheating wife. With ds way u avoid all unnecessary stress....
answered Mar 27, 2020 by Christopher7777
0 votes

Dear @Aneelian,

Also from my side a warm welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

As our expert @mbe-on_Zsigó explained already, some more information on your case will be helpful to fully understand your situation. I can recommend you to contact him via the App he mentioned. It will give you the chance to discuss details confidentially.

However, for some general information on independent resident permits after a divorce you may want to check this thread, in which we discussed this topic already.

In sum, if you were married to a German citizen, an independent resident permit in Germany will require a minimum three years marriage and one year living in that marriage in Germany.

I hope this helps and all the best,


answered Mar 27, 2020 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,258 questions
6,258 answers
139,249 users