Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
What is the fate of an Asylum seeker who haf been here for over 9 years, now he suffers  for diabetes. My friend need a legal advise to know  if has chances of having a recident permit.  He had held Duldung for years.
asked Aug 13, 2019 in Asylum proceedings by LuckyD

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @LuckyD,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Wefugee Community!

Could applying for a residence permit according to section 25b of the German Residence Act be an option for your friend? You may want to check the requirements and details here

If people reside in Germany already either 8 or 6 years (if living with a minor/unmarried child as a family unit for at least 6 years without interruption) with a "Duldung"  or "Aufenthaltsgestattung" and are able to proof "lasting integration" into the German society (work, speaking the language etc.), applying for this one could be worth a try.

However, I would also recommend your friend to seek personal legal advice, i.e. in a counselling centre. Please let us know if you need support in finding one in your/your friend's home town.

All the best,


answered Aug 16, 2019 by Meike
3,051 questions
3,809 answers
134,272 users