It has been more than 4 years since I've got duldung status. And have been working full-time  since then. And can speak german well but have not acquired any German language certificate. And I've also been covering my living costs for the last 4 years.

--New Immigration laws (Beschäftigungsduldung) have been/ will be enacted soon as I heard.

--I have no my native passport.

--Now my questions are,
1) Can I apply for Beschäftigungsduldung without my native passport? What documents are needed?

2) Do I need German language certificate for this?"

asked Jan 10, 2019 in Legal advice by Nay

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @Nay,

Thank you for reaching out to us again!

The law that you are talking about, that we had a look at in a previous thread, is supposed to come into effect on 01.01.2020.

Unfortunately, that means I can't tell you (yet) how the application process will look like and what documents are necessary in order to receive said "Beschäftigungsduldung". The same applies to the language level you need - sources I found only speak of "sufficient German language skills".

If you fulfill the requirements that I listed here and have no criminal record, you may be eligible to apply in the future.

For now, that's all I can share with you, but I'll make an update once I hear/ read something new.

All the best,


answered Jan 15, 2019 by Isa
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,363 questions
5,223 answers
137,302 users