Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
0 votes
Hi everyone, am an asylum seeker and I want to get married to my german girl friend. My document have been examined and that unfortunately my passport expired last month. Since i cannot go my country embassy as an asylum seeker, is it possible for me to get married with the expired passport.

Please I need advice am having Depression, cant eat, no concentration at work
asked Apr 3, 2017 in Asylum proceedings by doncollion (110 points)

3 Answers

+3 votes
Hi @doncollion,

I would also follow the advice Jan has given. Your Ausländeramt should issue a new document. Just follow the link Jan gave you.
answered Apr 4, 2017 by Marcel (9,950 points)
Danke@ marcel
+2 votes
Hello @doncollion,

Did you ask your local civil registry office which proof of identiy they do accept?

Your local aliens department (German Ausländeramt) can possibly help you to get valid papers. For further information see this guidelines from the aliens department: of Berlin:
The information is in German, your girl friend will surely translate it to you.

Kind regards
answered Apr 3, 2017 by Jan (59,810 points)
Hi @jan, my passport is already with Ausländeramt, i just that I was unlucky i gave them my pass in 2015 after my german wife gave birth to our son, but unfortunately we lost our son.
This year in january i was called for interview by Bamf and the result was läßt month negative, and my passport also expired last month. Last month i got a letter from Oberlandesgericht asking for a renewed passport before they can approve the wedding.
I have a birth certificate from my dead son
I have done german B1 course and Integration course
I have been working and paying tax for the last 3yrs
And lastly i have married my girl friend in church.

I feel so pained that I ve been unlucky to get out of this asylum process
0 votes
Hope you get well
answered Aug 2, 2017 by Einhörnchen (150 points)
1,195 questions
1,724 answers
2,494 users