Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
0 votes
I have more than ten years of work experience, but no recognized degree. Can I get a job?
asked Oct 13, 2016 in Work by WefugeesEvent (1,650 points)

1 Answer

+3 votes

You can apply directly at a company and ask them if you can start working there (on a low level first if necessary since you have no certificates). Than you can work you way up the career ladder.
Apart from that you can also try to do a retraining (Umschulung) at Bundesagentur für Arbeit or you can try to acknowledge your existing qualification. There are contact persons for that in every city. Another way would be to do a so called “external examination” which is a test that you have to pass in order to prove that you have skills.
But generally speaking you can always start working.
answered Oct 13, 2016 by EmilyK (2,900 points)
1,276 questions
1,805 answers
2,879 users