Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
0 votes
Hey there, please help, I would like to know when I can apply for a work permit? Do I need to have papers for that? What shall I do?
asked Oct 6, 2015 in Other Questions by Amou76 (200 points)
when did you arrive? did you register? whats your profession?
Yes I registred, it is still on the process. I am a mechanic.

3 Answers

+3 votes
If you are already 3 months in Germany and if you have the Aufenthaltsgestattung (only granted as a temporary residence permit for the time of the asylum request) you get permission for work for jobs, for no germans, EU - Foreigners or people with refugee status can be not find. You need a permission from Ausländerbehörde and Agentur für Arbeit.
After 15 Months you can get any job, you will.
You will get more information by Agentur für Arbeit near to your place. Actually you need to take somebody translating for you. If you tell me the street of you flat, i could find the address your Agentur für Arbeit.

you can also take a look on this page
answered Oct 31, 2015 by Monika (760 points)
+1 vote
The only chance you have is to work as a volunteer, or if you are already registerwd as a jobseeker, find an unpaid internship. Please take care, that you can nly volunteer in so-called Verein or NPOs, non-profit organisations, but there are a lot in the mechanical field in Berlin, you could volunteer at any church/mosque if you ask, they  can even gve you a good report about your doings and provide you with meals sometimes...
answered Oct 8, 2015 by CaBu (750 points)
0 votes
For a permission to work you need papers first. Until you got the papers, there is no possibility to work legally. Even if the process is running, you will have to wait till the end.
answered Oct 7, 2015 by Susanne (950 points)
this is not correct! As @Monika mentioned correct you need a permission from Ausländerbehörde. This takes in Berlin unfortunately 6-8 weeks currently!
1,278 questions
1,806 answers
2,919 users