Please sign in to continue

Has to be selected

I have a question about marriage between a refugee in Italy and a British girl submitted by S in Legal advice

Hello Guys I really appreciated your help Very helpful information! thank you! need some information I am hoping one of you can give me some information about marriage in Italy I am an Afghan and I am holding Italian subsidiary’s protraction documents Which has been issued for five years and it’s still valid until 2019/08.

Since four years I am in a relationship with a British girl she is originally Schotish but she is holding normal British passport So Me and my girlfriend we decided to get married very soon she is living in UK It’s a little bite difficult for her to stay in Italy for long time Bc she is working

Could you please let me know what I have to do ? Will be good to give me some information from A to Z From where I start

At the moment I am in Germany but soon I am coming back to Italy to do some paperwork for my wedding until my girlfriend fly to Italy as she is waiting for me to do some paperwork than she is flying from uk to Italy So please need a quick advice, as I read some information about An American girl and her boyfriend But still it doesn’t help me much

And I have one more important question I think in Italy at the court they will ask me for some documents to proof that I am single Yes I am single But I don’t have a certificate from my country to show them at the court So as I am holding subsidiary protection documents I can’t visit my embassy and I am not allowed to visit my country, so how I proof that and how I make the certificate when I am not allowed to visit my embassy ? But in my asylum documents and in my national ID card from my home country it’s clearly written on it I am single Do you think the court will accept that or still they will ask for a certificate? What should I do ? Thank you very much in advance Wali,

Sorry just a question comes up How long it will take until I get marriage and I get my marriage certificate ?

Thank you very much!

This question has been edited
1 Comment
Drag files or pictures here to upload them
picture submitted
by Thor (Wefugees)

Hello @S and welcome to our community!

Both of you need to hand in a valid ID or passport at the Italian registry office along with a birth certificate, a certificate of no impediment and maybe some other documents too. Get in contact with the civil registrar (“ufficiale di stato civile”) where you want to get married to find out what documents exactly you need. You can also ask them about the duration of the whole procedure. They will be able to give you the most exact information.

We had a similar question here on the website recently. Please check out the information provided here:

Unfortunately I can’t tell you whether your documents will be sufficient to prove that you are single or not. Once again it probably makes sense to just ask the civil registrar and explain the dilemma you are facing. Or Maybe @Marcel or @Steven have an idea on how to tackle the issue.

Best regards,

Dear Thorgen, Thank you very much! Your very kind I really appreciated your help Wish you all the best in your life!
Dear @S - thanks a lot for the kind words! :) I'm really glad that my answer was helpful to you. Best regards, Thorgen
Thor (Wefugees)