Please sign in to continue

Has to be selected

I'm Iranian and I want to marry my Iranien fiancé that is still in Iran submitted by YARZAAL in Legal advice

I am an Iranian refugee in the UK (got my residence permit two years ago) and want to marry with an Iranian woman who lives in Iran now.
What is the best procedure to do this plan so that I can apply for her Visa to come to the UK after marriage?

This question has been edited
Drag files or pictures here to upload them
picture submitted
by Thor (Wefugees)


Welcome to our community and thank you for your question!

Since you fled from Iran you will lose your refugee status if you go back there to get married to her. So she has to come to you instead.

Here is a very useful website provided by the British government that gives you an overview on how she can apply for a "Marriage Visitor Visa":

You can click through the pages to read about the eligibility criteria and requirements she has to fulfil.

Note that she has to return to Iran after a maximum of 6 months. Before that happens you can apply for family reunion. Please check out this link and read the information given under the headline "Apply in the UK":

In a nutshell you both have to be in the UK to do family reunion, it has to be her first application and you need to prove that your relationship already started in your home country before you were getting persecuted.

Probably it's best for you to get in contact with local counselling centers in Great Britain before you start the procedures outlined above. They are more familiar and experienced with the legal framework and can probably give you more detailed advice than me.

I hope this answer was helpful to you.

Best regards,