Hello I am an asylum seeker in germany and my girlfriend is from UK she has been in germany 2 times to visit me and now we are planning getting married to live together in her country what are the procedure and requirement need for it?
welcome to our community!
There is a very useful website provided by the government of the UK that gives detailed information about how to get a residence permit by marrying a UK citizen. You can find it here:
You can click on the headlines to get a summary of the steps you and your girlfriend need to take in order to reach your goals.
I will list you some of the most important things you need to keep in mind here:
- the visa you need is called "family of a settled person" visa.
- in order to apply for it you have to be outside of the UK
- you will have to pay a fee (~1400 £)
- both of you have to be over 18
- you will have to prove that you have at least 18.600 £ per year
- if you are not in a relationship with your girlfriend for at least 2 years, you have to be engaged with her in order to apply for this visa --> then you will have to marry her within 6 months after arriving in the UK
- you will have to prove that your knowledge of the English language is A1 or higher (you need a certificate for that)
Please read through the information given on the website linked above carefully. The bullet points I wrote down are just a brief overview.
If you understood everything and gathered all the required documents and certificates, you can apply for the visa on this platform:
I hope this information is helpful for you. If any further questions occur, feel free ask the community!