Hello Wefugees Team,

I have applied for Ausbildung in Baden Württemberg, but I have been asked to send a document called "Gleichwertigkeitsbescheinigung".
Could you please tell me which document is that? How and where do I get it?

asked Sep 7, 2023 in Work by Great Man | 414 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Great Man and welcome back to the Wefugees Community!

Since you applied for an "Ausbildung" (vocational training), they most probably asked for a "Gleichwertigkeitsbescheinigung" (certificate of equivalence) regarding your school diplomas, right? Handbook Germany explain the background and the respective procedure very well. They also explain on their website:

School Diplomas are recognised by the Certificate Recognition Offices ("Zeugnisanerkennungsstelle") of each federal state. You can find the responsible office in the anabin database. If you would like to have your school diplomas recognised because you want to study in Germany, you can also contact the university of your choice.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Sep 9, 2023 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,303 questions
6,294 answers
139,301 users