I have an Ausbildungsduldung of three years according to the rule of 3+2 years. My question is, after the completion of my Ausbildung is it mandatory to have a job according to my profession or just having the Ausbildungs Abschluss entitled me to get the two years resident permit?

My goal is to start a university degree right after completion of the Ausbildungs abschluss. Is it possible ? Or the ABH will force me to find a professional job ?
asked Jul 26, 2023 in Education by helios | 818 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi @helios

According to the 3+2 rule, it is mandatory to have a job in the Ausbildung profession in order to benefit from the 2 years of residency after completing the Ausbildung.

If you wish to study after completing the Ausbildung, then you can apply for a residence permit for the purposes of studying. For this, however, you will have to filfil other requirements and will likely first have to leave Germany, obtain a study visa and then return.



answered Aug 24, 2023 by mbeon-Éanna
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,329 questions
6,333 answers
139,342 users