1 view
Hello, i want to know if someone with unlimited work contract and has been working for 2 years  , got his A2 result and has been living in Germany for 6 years and some months , can he apply for Paragraph 25B ABS 1?
asked Apr 24 in Legal advice by felise | 1 view
Why apply for 25B , when you have German kids. Normally you’re entitled to paragraph 28. Or am I missing something.
@Xtension , they said i should go back to Nigeria and come back with family visa ..they rejected me twice though the case is still in court but i don't want to wait for court because i am sure court will still favour Ausländerbehörde. So what is the difference btw paragraph 25 and 28? I know after 5 years of using 25 , u can get permanent and after 4 years of using 28, u can get permanent, so one year difference... or share ur idea with me about the difference? ... I decided to apply for the 25, because i have unlimited work and i don't want to lose my job by going to Nigeria and my kind of work , my salary increases every year ... if I decided to go, that means it will affect my job and even if i come back and i start working with them again, is like no improvement, i have to work another year before my salary will increase ... that is waste of time , i am getting older bro
Please, what do you mean by the court will favour Ausländerbehörde, Have you been to court with your case before? Did  the court Favour Ausländerbehörde over your judgement? How long/ many Month is your case is with the court?

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @felise,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us!

I tried to give an overview of the requirements for the 25b here. I hope the list will be useful. Based on the rather little information you provide, this residence permit may be an option for you.

In any case, please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered May 7 by Meike
@Meike thanks, if someone fulfil all other things but he don't have leben in Deutschland certificate, would they grant him 25B?

Hi @felise

The 'Leben in Deutschland' certificate is a core requirement for the permit 25b. It is referred to under section 1, part 2 of the relevant law: https://***-gesetze--im--internet-de.translate.goog/aufenthg_2004/__25b.html?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

You need to provide proof that you have this ' basic knowledge of the legal and social order and living conditions' in Germany. Most commonly, this is proven with the Leben in Deutschland test. If you have a qualification from a German university or Ausbildung, then this counts instead of the test.

There can be exceptions made for this requirement but only on the basis of certain medical conditions or disabilities.

@mbeon-Éanna thanks. My woman contacted the person in charge of my case , the man from Ausländerbehörde told my woman that he have contacted social and many other offices because of collecting social help but all come negative , meaning i don't take from social .. so he said, he is only waiting for LKA and after he get information from them about me then he will grant me because that is the only thing he is waiting for... he didn't ask of leben in deutschland certificate... he said if he get info from LKA , he will send me post .. he also said to my woman that , all that is in his table, i mean all document, do not speak against granting 25B...
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,785 questions
5,717 answers
138,567 users