Hello Team,

Right now I am in Asylum processing. last year I have found One Ausbildung(3 years contract) and  now my first-year study completed,

Still, now my visa type is "Aufenthaltgestaltung" 6-months renewable visa, I would like to know about that, how could change my visa to a Residence permit? or any other visa.

Many thanks

yours sincerely


asked Jul 30, 2020 in Asylum proceedings by Fais

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
Best answer

Dear @Fahir,

Welcome to the Wefugees Communtiy and thank you for your question.

First of all, congratulations for your TVET training contract ("Ausbildungsvertrag") and the completion of the first year! Well done!

Now to your question: Since you applied for asylum and the BAMF did not decide on your case yet, you are still holding a so-called "Aufenthaltsgestattung". This kind of document is not really a residence permit, but it is legalizing your stay in Germany during the pending asylum case. When the authorities decide to grant you either the refugee status, subsidiary protection or a national deportation ban, you can apply for a residence permit based on humanitarian grounds (please see the section 25 of the German residence law for this). 

If the BAMF is rejecting your asylum application, you may consider to appeal in court. In this case I would recommend you to consult a lawyer or a migration counselling office. When your asylum case is closed, the immigration office ("Ausländerbehörde") might ask you to leave the country. If there are reasons which prevent a deportation, they will issue a so-called "Duldung" or toleration. Once you are holding a Duldung, there would be still the opportunity to apply for the "Ausbildungsduldung", since you are actually enrolled in one. Please see, for instance, this thread for more information on that special type of Duldung.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jul 31, 2020 by Meike
+1 vote

Dear @Fais,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question.

First of all, I am sorry to hear that your asylum application got rejected. Please see this thread for very detailed information on the “Ausbildungsduldung” which might be a new perspective for you. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get back to us.

All the best,


P.S.: I closed the new thread you opened. This will help us to keep the overview and information in one place. I hope this is okay for you.

answered Oct 9, 2020 by Meike
Thanks for your response,
Could you please describe me,may i apply for the "Ausbildungsduldung" or again to the High court(for my Asylum)?
because still i am in "Ausbildung" which is the best choice?

0 votes

Hello Team,

i have received Asylum rejection from Court and i would like to know about Ausbildungsduldung and how its works.

Many thanks

yours sincerely


answered Oct 8, 2020 by Fais
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,540 questions
5,442 answers
137,886 users