Please I need any answer to these questions..As a Beschäftigunduldung holder with A2 certificates and I am yet to apply for for B1 certificates.i applied for Beschäftigunduldung by meeting the requirement of:- 12 months of arbeit lohn,valid working contract e.t.c...I heard that Beschäftigunduldung can be extended after 30 months..please i want to know if this is true and how long is the validity period of extension..And what are the requirement to apply for a humanitarian resident permit in deutschland..thanks
asked Apr 19, 2020 in Work by Jonny

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Jonny,

thank you for reaching out to us and for sharing your question with the Wefugees community.

First of, all congratulations that you have been able to apply for a "Beschäftigungsduldung". I deeply appreciate that you are preparing for the B1 test, because you will need a B1-certificate for your residence consolidation later. What you mentioned above is correct: After holding a "Beschäftigungsduldung" for 30 months you can apply for a residence permit according to § 25b Abs. 6 resp § 25b Abs. 1 Residence act. This also holds for your family members and it is the first step towards a further consolidation of your residnece rights here, like a settlement permit after five years of regular work and stay here, for which B1 is required (and a test about life in Germany, called "Leben in Deutschland"). So there is no need to apply for a humanitarian residence permit, which is, as a rule, being granted during an asylum procedure and not after a "Beschäftigungsduldung".

I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. 
mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name München, Frau Müller and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit

Download for Android:

Download for iOS:

Best regards


answered Apr 20, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
Will the duration of Aufenthaltgestatung, and Beschäftigung Duldung will be count for settlement? I am living since 7 years here in Germany I hold Aufenthaltgestatung for 3 years and Duldung for 1 years and Beschäftigung Duldung for 30 months . In case i get a residency according to 25b Abs. 6 resp § 25b Abs. 1 after 30 months of Beschäftigung Duldung . When I will get permanent residency and German passport? I worked full time 6 years and have done B1 and Leben in Deutschland certificate. Please advised will all my previous years of holding Aufenthaltgestatung and Beschäftigung Duldung and 6 years full time worked will be count or not ? Or I have to worked full time again after getting my residence card after 30th months of successful integration.
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,441 questions
5,324 answers
137,548 users