My brother got married in France. Government procedure is done. Now he wants to do the religious part of the marriage. I have to attend that.

My asylum procedure is going on now here in Germany. Will I get a travel permit to go to France for 2-3 days, so i can attend the wedding and come back ?

Hinweis: one year before I attended his wedding, when i had German residence permit. Now, I've applied for asylum, cause things has changed at home.
asked Nov 25, 2019 in Legal advice by helios | 1,024 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @helios

thank you for sharing your question with the Wefugees Community!

I am sorry to tell you, but unfortunately it is not possible as an asylum seeker with an "Aufenthaltsgestattung" to travel outside of Germany! If you do so and get caught, you will loose your Aufenthaltsgestattung and won´t be able to enter Germany anymore. 

We discussed this topic already here in the Community in the past, so via this link you can find a little bit more information about travelling as a refugee in Germany: 


I hope this answer was helpful for you and wish you all the best


Note: Please keep in mind that we can´t provide qualified legal advice via the internet and that any information given can´t replace such legal advice.

answered Dec 2, 2019 by InfoVerbund
0 votes

yes l was told the same you can't travel if you have Aufenthaltsgestattung..if you travel you won't be able to come back again to Germany.

answered Dec 7, 2019 by kathy
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,133 questions
6,110 answers
139,113 users